Cullingworth Village Hall Management Committee believes in equal opportunities and diversity. We strive to deliver a varied and diverse range of activities within the Hall which promote a community spirit.
Our main objective is to make the Village Hall the social hub of our community for
everyone within the village and the surrounding areas.
In line with this Cullingworth Village Hall seeks to involve volunteers to:
- Provide events to the community
- Encourage all ages within the community to be actively involved in Cullingworth Village Hall
- Increase our contact with more people in the community
This Volunteering Policy is underpinned by the following principles:
- Cullingworth Village Hall will ensure that volunteers are made to feel welcome and included.
- Cullingworth Village Hall is run completely by volunteers.
- Cullingworth Village Hall expects that the committee works positively with each other and with all other volunteers.
- Cullingworth Village Hall will actively recruit into available volunteer posts within the committee.
- Cullingworth Village Hall recognises the value of all volunteers and appreciates their contributions.
- Cullingworth Village Hall will provide any training required and will ensure there is a safe and pleasant environment to work in.
As a committee we will advertise for a specific role within our organisation to ensure that we have people in post with an appropriate skill set for that role. All prospective volunteers will be informally interviewed to ascertain their suitability to the role and how best their potential might be realised.
Prospective trustees will be asked that they are eligible to act as a trustee under the Charities Act excluding anyone who:
- are disqualified as a company director
- have an unspent conviction for an offence involving dishonesty or deception (such as fraud)
- are an undischarged bankrupt (or subject to sequestration in Scotland), or have a current composition or arrangement including an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA) with your creditors
- have been removed as a trustee of any charity by the commission (or the court) because of misconduct or mismanagement
All volunteers will have any monies paid on behalf of the village hall reimbursed when a receipt is provided to support the expenditure.
Induction and training
All volunteers will receive an induction into Cullingworth Village Hall and the area they will be involved in. Training will be provided as appropriate.
All volunteers are welcome to contact any member of the committee. All volunteers will be given guidance and constructive feedback on their progress. We request that all volunteers discuss what involvement they would like to have and air any problems.
The Volunteer’s Voice
Volunteers are encouraged to express their views about matters concerning Cullingworth Village Hall and its work. Any member of the committee can be contacted and where required the issue or suggestion will be raised at the committee meeting. Where requested confidentiality will be maintained.
All volunteers are covered by Cullingworth Village Hall insurance policy whilst they are on the premises or engaged in any work on Cullingworth Village Hall’s behalf.
Health and Safety
Volunteers are covered by Cullingworth Village Hall’s Health and Safety Policy, a copy of which is on our website and available from the Committee secretary.
Cullingworth Village Hall operates an equal opportunities policy. A copy is on our website and available from the Committee secretary. Volunteers will be expected to have an understanding of and commitment to our equal opportunities policy.
We aim to identify and solve problems at the earliest possible stage. Any complaints either by or about volunteers should be raised to a member of the Committee who follow the procedure laid down in our Complaint’s Policy.
All volunteers are required to observe confidentially.
Reviewed – July 2020