Cullingworth Village Hall Management Committee Ltd
Equal Opportunities Policy
Cullingworth Village Hall Management Committee recognises that everyone has a contribution to make to our society and a right to equal treatment. We aim to ensure that committee members, volunteers and staff working with individuals and with organisations for which the Cullingworth Village Hall Management Committee provides services do not suffer discrimination, and where this occurs, the Village Hall Management Committee commits itself to challenge and take positive action against such discrimination.
Cullingworth Village Hall Management Committee is committed to:
- positively addressing opportunities for full participation within the organisation
- adopting an effective system to monitor its practice with regard to ensuring equality of opportunity
- promoting good practice with regard to equality of opportunity for organisations and individuals involved in the work of the Village Hall Management Committee.
In particular the Cullingworth Village Hall Management Committee will:
- work to ensure that all its services are provided in a way which promotes awareness of the rights and needs of people from minority groups and enables all people to have access to those services
- work to ensure that all Cullingworth Village Hall Management Committee terms and conditions of employment and volunteering reflect a range of needs and interests which encompass people who may otherwise be disadvantaged.
The policy of the Cullingworth Village Hall Management Committee is to ensure that no person receives less favourable consideration than others in the selection and appointment of staff or in the recruitment of volunteers.
Recruitment and promotion practices
The Cullingworth Village Hall Management Committee will ensure equality of opportunity for all job applicants and volunteers; it will ensure that:
- recruitment processes are continually reviewed
- when recruiting, the Management Committee will develop personnel specifications which recognises the importance only of relevant experience or qualifications
- acceptance of the Management Committee’s Equal Opportunities Policy is a condition of employment.
The Cullingworth Village Hall Management Committee will take positive action to ensure its services to, and contacts with, other groups and individuals reflect this Equal Opportunities Policy. This will be effected by:
- consulting with groups and individuals with special requirements to identify how the Management Committee’s services may be improved to meet their needs
- ensuring that all individuals who represent the Management Committee are aware of, understand and operate this Equal Opportunities Policy.
The Cullingworth Village Hall Management Committee:
- is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of this Equal Opportunities Policy
- will ensure that all individuals within the Village Hall organisation, whether paid or unpaid, clearly understand and practice the principles contained in this Policy
- will not victimise anyone who has provided information about discrimination
It shall be the responsibility of the Management Committee’s Secretary to keep the Committee fully up to date with developments or difficulties relating to the implementation of this Policy.
Employee’s / Users responsibilities
All employees of the Cullingworth Village Hall Management Committee and users of its services:
- will be required to co-operate with measures introduced by the Committee to ensure and promote equal opportunities
- will neither practice any form of discrimination nor use discriminatory language
- will draw to the attention of the Committee any suspected acts of discrimination
- will not victimise anyone who has provided information about discrimination.
Reviewed July 2020